sverige
[ OPEN ] Remember...Remember - Printable Version

+- sverige (https://sverige.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: Sverige (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-62.html)
+--- Forum: Southern Wildlands (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-60.html)
+---- Forum: Shining Woods (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-148.html)
+---- Thread: [ OPEN ] Remember...Remember (/thread-8187.html)

Pages: 1 2

Remember...Remember - Devorah Vakari - 10-16-2017

Her head was spinning as she stared at a blurry snow-covered bush. What had happened? Muscles moved to help her get up a to sitting position. Yellow orbs scanned around in the darkness and she got up on shaky legs. Where was she? So many question ran through her mind. One thing was for sure. She knew her name. Devorah Vakari. That was her name. After stretching her body forward which felt like she had been asleep for days, she started to walk through the forest hoping that something would look familiar to her. She wandered to a small barrier and looked at it curiously. Did somebody stay here? There were no strong scents coming from inside. 

It'd still be good to know if anybody was around, wouldn't it? Her head lifted back as she released a howl that echoed throughout the forest. Maybe she had wandered to far from home? But it was winter, she wouldn't do such a thing. Would she? A frustrated growl left her throat as she sat down waiting patiently.

RE: Remember...Remember - Vuple - 10-17-2017

The two of them had decided to take a stroll through the snow-laden trees and brush that made up the shinning woods. The sun bounced off the bright white snow.  Birds chirped and lighted on the branches above them, showering them with bits of snow. Vuple tried to focus on the moment. She tried to stick to the positives, well the only positive- she was with Shinshu. He was right beside her, helping her traverse the treacherous terrain. Nothing had been right this morning. She had awoken not feeling all that well and had barely been able to stave off the urge to vomit. She thought maybe she had accidentally eaten something she shouldn't have. That paired with the miserable cold that seemed to have no effect on Shin, made a terrible start to the day for Vuple. He, however, didn't find things to be as bad as she did and still kept his lopsided grin on his face. She wondered how he could stay so happy when it was so bitterly cold. 

Right as she felt needles stabbing into her paws due to the cold she remembered a very important skill. Aggravated that it had taken her so long to remember she let out a sigh and conjured up an orb of fire. She let the orb float just ahead of her paws and close to the ground. She wasn't powerful enough to melt the snow completely but it helped. If they were still she could melt it all and even the ground beneath her, but not while walking. "That's better."

A few heartbeats after her contented comment, an unfamiliar howl pierced through the peaceful scene. She stopped dead in her tracks and lifted her head up high, along with the fireball. She scanned the area and noticed a bit off, a figure of an unfamiliar wolf. "Shin...", she whispered even though at this distance there was no way the stranger could hear her. "..Look..." she pointed her muzzle in the direction of the stranger. 

RE: Remember...Remember - Shinshu - 10-17-2017

He had let his superior know before taking the trip out with his mate. As they strolled under the trees, the gentleman Lerk caught some of the little snow flakes that were about to fall on his mate from the trees above- but he couldn't catch them all with his reaction times. As she trudged through the snow he noticed she was a little aggravated, and she lit a fire to melt the snow. "I thought you didn't like water." he stated with a little grin on his face, and helped her melt the snow to help her be comfortable.

His powerful nose had picked up a fresh wolf scent a little time before the howl, so he was prepared, but he still halted with his mate, looking in the direction of the stranger. "Spotted." he calmly whispered to her, and padded forward towards the other wolf, who appeared to be a female Dynroth, a little on the short side. "Greetings! I am Shinshu, Protector of Orior Lake." he announced.

RE: Remember...Remember - Devorah Vakari - 10-17-2017

Devorah nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of someone speaking. Her head turned catching sight of two wolves. For a moment she sat looking the two over. Was that a ball of fire? And the male had...fins at his tail? That wasn't normal, was it? She couldn't remember. Odd colors? Yes, because she had odd colors. She shook her head clear before standing up remembering the male had introduced himself as a protector. A guard. "O-oh. umm my name's Devorah Vakari." she started and then looked around saying "Am I in your pack's territory? I didn't mean to--I-I..woke up here." 

She sat down again saying "I'm not even sure of where I am..." she answered in a quiet tone ears flat against her skull. To not remember anything besides her own name was frightening her even more. 'I hope I'm not digging my own grave...' she thought staring at the ground.

RE: Remember...Remember - Vuple - 10-18-2017

olid;border-radius:10px">

Though Vuple knew very little about other's emotions, fear was something she understood far too well. Watching the much smaller wolf cower reminded her of herself before she had come here, and even after. It was frightening to all of a sudden find yourself somewhere other than home. Especially in the worst time of year.

In a very uncharacteristic manner, Vuple boldly walked forward and crouched next to the the wolf. The fireball extinguished momentarily as she walked forward so she wouldn't frighten Devorah further. She wanted to show her that there was nothing to fear and the best way she could think to do that was to try to be smaller than her. It proved to be difficult to crouch low enough so she ended up laying on the icy snow.

Once she had laid down she spoke very softly, with almost a motherly tone, "Shh, it is okay. You don't have to be afraid. There is nothing to fear here. I am Vuple." She left off her title, it was of little importance at the moment. "I too was brought to this land and knew very little of where I was. You are safe."

There was so much more she wanted to say, but mostly she wanted to invite her to stay with them for a little while. If nothing else it was better than this bitter cold. Icy water seeped into her fur and began to make contact with her skin. She grit her teeth as she felt her body temperature lower. She knew she couldn't stay this way for long without starting a fire, however, for the first time she ignored herself and focused on the stranger.

RE: Remember...Remember - Shinshu - 10-18-2017

The other seemed a little intimidated, and Vuple went to go comfort her. Shinshu smiled,
and pulled the snow from under both females, then himself as he lie down. He didn't particularly mind the cold, but didn't seek it out either. "Devorah. Lovely name. Vuple is right, you do not need to be afraid, you are not in our territory, and even if you were, all are treated with respect within." he explained, and dipped his head to the Dynroth. "The land you are in is called Sverige. Many wolves travel here without knowing, myself and Vuple included."

RE: Remember...Remember - Devorah Vakari - 10-18-2017

She hadn't even realized she had made herself smaller until the female came up and lowered her body to the ground beside her before speaking. Her name was Vuple. Devorah laid her head over her paws as she listened to the larger female. She had went through the same thing as Devorah? Her eyes went to Shinshu as he spoke. Both of them had been brought to this land called Sverige. How many others had also been brought here. The more important question was, how could she get back home? Wait, why would she want to go back home? She couldn't remember anything about it. If it was bad or good. Nothing. Her family, if she had one. 

What was she supposed to do now in Sverige. She didn't know her way around. Plus, it was winter, kinda the hardest season to survive through because majority of prey were hiding and asleep. "Is there a way to get back?" she asked quietly though somehow she knew the answer. If these two wolves were still here that meant there wasn't or they probably didn't know. "I don't even know where I'm supposed to go..." she barely whispered.

RE: Remember...Remember - Vuple - 10-19-2017

olid;border-radius:10px">

She heard a confusion and a sense of lostness that she herself had once felt and it brought her own memories, thoughts, and feelings back to her once again. Without consulting her mate first she spoke again, "I know it can be overwhelming. To take all this in at once. I do not have all of your answers. I do not know what your path is but I would like to help you. I have never heard of a wolf returning home. I am sorry. But I can give you a place to stay for the time being. Please, come back with us. We have a spare room in our den that you are welcome to stay in until you feel more comfortable here." She gave a reassuring smile to Devorah then turned her head slightly to Shin. Her expression changed a little as if she silently pleading for him to be okay with her inviting a complete stranger into their den without even asking him first.

RE: Remember...Remember - Shinshu - 10-19-2017

Shinshu realised their escapade had turned into a dismal encounter, but he wasn't about to let it get to him. As he draw breath to bark an offer to Devorah, Vuple beat him to it. His head drew back a little and he blinked in disbelief. "I ... was thinking the exact the same thing!" he stuttered, and slowly built up a chuckle. "You can join us on the journey back to Orior, and we may be able to assist you with knowledge, shelter and food." he added.

RE: Remember...Remember - Devorah Vakari - 10-24-2017

She listened as Vuple spoke and somewhat expected the answer of not being able to return home. Yellow orbs stared at the ground before looking back up at the female quickly. She offered for her to stay with them until she felt more comfortable about her surroundings. And she had started to decline for the simple fact that she didn't want to seem a burden but what Shinshu added made sense. Winter was a hard season even more so for a loner, not to mention she did need more knowledge about places if she were to venture out on her own. 

Taking a breath she offered a smirk saying "Thank you both, very much. You're very kind. I'd be happy to accompany you both back to...Orior?" she tested the name on her tongue finding it easy to say. Then she added "And I'll help out if I can. Wouldn't want to seem hopeless."