sverige
[ PRIVATE ] Explore the Ruins! - Printable Version

+- sverige (https://sverige.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: Sverige (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-62.html)
+--- Forum: City of Stockholm (The Stone Ruins) (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-154.html)
+---- Forum: Suburbs (https://sverige.createmybb4.com/forum-55.html)
+---- Thread: [ PRIVATE ] Explore the Ruins! (/thread-8272.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Explore the Ruins! - Sijor xen Keita - 02-03-2018

it was morning, pretty early,  and they had left the packlands.  Sijor, of course, had left a message with her mum to let her know.  The travel through the grasslands had been pretty fast,  and they had soon crossed the bridge and  were passing through the more western part of the city.  They had already passed the huge creation that Shiloh had helped make long ago, and she had pointed it out happily, wanting her new friend to see what wolves could do with magic.  

She paused though,  before going into rougher territory, where debris littered the pathways, and ruins loomed overhead.   this was unexplored by her,  and she didn't want to take all the fun.  <b>"Which way?"</b>  She barked,  smiling and wagging her tail.

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sulo Skye Entinen - 02-09-2018

<center><div style="background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/ewHAx9P.jpg');width:500px;height:400;padding:50px;border-color:black;border:2px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10px">

<div align=center><div style="background-color:white; opacity:0.7;width:340px;height:320px;overflow:auto;color:black;margin-top:-20px;margin-right:-195px;padding:5px;">
<br>
It had been a long time since he had been here. If he remembered correctly the last time he had been here was with his sister. The two of them had been watching the birds. She taught him a valuable lesson that day, there is always more than one way to do something. She had wanted to look at the bird up-close but didn't want him to catch one for her. Instead, the two practiced their very limited earth skills by wiggling grass and enticing the birds to come to them. He smiled thinking about it but soon his smile slumped a bit. It had been a long time since he had seen his sister.
<br>
Sijor's barks brought him back to real time, "How 'bout this way?" Since he didn't know what Sijor wanted to see, it didn't seem to matter where they went. He smiled and trotted towards a large building of some kind. "It's been a really long time since I've been here to explore. Last time I just looked at some birds with my sister, didn't really explore much." His eyes wandered around the landscape and eyed the remnants of the building they were approaching. "What do you think this was before? Do you think wolves ever lived here?"
<br>
</div></div></div></center>

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sijor xen Keita - 02-11-2018

Sijor happily nodded towards him, even as he picked their direction. It really didn't matter to her where they explored, and well, she just had fun doing it. It was sort of why she'd gotten this title and rank in her pack anyhow, that was something she as <i>good</i> at. Going out and about and finding out interesting bits of info to bring back to the pack. Sometimes, it even came with a bit of a harsh cost, but her missing leg didn't bother her any, and well, she'd done just fine afterward so it wasn't anything she dwelled upon. That was what really, set her apart from other wolves, she simply tried not to let the past affect her present.

He approached a larger one of the dwelling things and she looked it up and down curiously. It seemed to be much taller than any of the trees she'd really encountered even, which was so weird to her. When she'd been younger, she'd thought trees had been the tallest things, but she'd been proven wrong upon going into these ruins. She tilted her head back and forth a moment and then barked what she had always thought the answer was. It simply didn't make sense that wolves would have lived here, it looked to . . . unnatural. <b>"I don't think they did. At least, it doesn't look like. I mean, they're so BIG, and wolves don't need that much space, right? Not even the big lerkrat. But have you heard of the two-legged creatures the humans? I'm pretty sure this is all from when their old ancestors were alive."</b> She nodded matter-of-factly. It made sense, after all, she had met them at least a couple of times and they seemed so weak they probably needed structures like this.

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sulo Skye Entinen - 02-12-2018

<center><div style="background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/ewHAx9P.jpg');width:500px;height:400;padding:50px;border-color:black;border:2px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10px">

<div align=center><div style="background-color:white; opacity:0.7;width:340px;height:320px;overflow:auto;color:black;margin-top:-20px;margin-right:-195px;padding:5px;">
<br>
He marveled at the structure before them. How could it exist? His mind went to work thinking about how much time, magic, and effort must have gone into building something like this. Yet again, Sijor's barks brought him out of his own thoughts. She spoke of creatures that walked on two legs. He immediately turned around to give her his full attention. "What is a hooman?" he barked, the unfamiliar word not quite forming correctly. Why hadn't he ever heard of these creatures? Where did they come from? Are there any still around? Like always a million questions ran through his mind, but instead of asking them all he would wait for Sijor to speak.
<br>

<br>

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sijor xen Keita - 02-18-2018

She blinked a moment and tilted her head. No, she really hadn't told him at all about the human things had she? Well, that would be a fun story, she thought, and looking around, she made sure that there were none of those angry scaly birds or any of those stinky dog things o bother them while she told him what she could. After all, it was somewhat important when one went into these ruins, to know about the human things. Just in case they stopped by. Not that she thought they would, because she hadn't really seen them walking around freely the last few times she had been in these areas, but it didn't hurt to know.

<b>"Well, they aren't wolves, definitely, or any other real natural creature. I've seen them a couple of times, and they wear weird um, pelts on them, but they're not attached like ours are, you know? So it's like they're wearing fur things but it can be taken off. They're like kind of pink and pale colored and they walk on two legs and are pretty tall. They also speak some weird language that doesn't make sense. Shiloh and I tried to befriend some of them, but some humans are nice, it seems, and then others are like mean wolves that just attack anything they want. That's how I lost my leg."</b> She finished up with her long winded explanation with a nod, wondering if she'd said everything that would make sense.

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sulo Skye Entinen - 02-20-2018

<br>
He mimicked her and looked around, though he didn't know what he was looking for, then he sat to listen to her tale. As he listened his body leaned forward a bit enthralled in the new creatures he knew nothing of. Removable pelts amazed him, he had seen many a creature, but never one that stood on two legs and had removable pelts. When she spoke of her leg his eyes darted to the missing member back to her eyes. He had wondered about what happened, but he hadn't figured out the best way to ask.
<br>
Some were nice and some weren't and it seemed some were violent...not so different than wolves. "Do they have packs? Maybe one pack is better than another and we can be friends with it." The tip of his tail flicked up and down a couple times at the idea. Maybe they could teach him different magic too. All he had known his entire life was peace, except that episode between Antie Ata and his parents that he still didn't understand. There was a certain innocence in his eyes. Something that couldn't be learned through words.
<br>

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sijor xen Keita - 02-25-2018

She understood that it was likely confusing for him, for it had been confusing for her as well the first time she'd heard. However, she wanted to try and explain things the best she could, so that he wasn't left wondering. It definitely wouldn't do to leave him unprepared for things that were out here. As he asked about packs she tilted her head and then shook it after a moment, her ears flopping with the motion. <b>"I don't think so. Not anymore. Mother told me there were once, two different places that they were, but now they're all in just one place. And well, if that's how our packs work, that must be how theirs are too, I think."</b> She decided with a smile and a nod to him. Which meant, of course, that some of them were just not nice, and suddenly, she realized that if there had been those sorts of wolves in <i>her</i> pack, her mother would have undoubtedly thrown them out, right? <b>"I don't think it's the same with them. Like, mean human things can just live there without any problem with the nice ones. It's weird. Sometimes, when the angry ones are around, they have these sticks that make fire and then hurt things."</b> Because <i>that</i> was important as well. Not that she wanted that to be the thing that defined these creatures, but just as other predators had their dangers, these creatures did too. And int hat moment, she realized that was just what they had to be, other predators. Even while she and Shiloh had once tried to befriend them.

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sulo Skye Entinen - 02-26-2018

<br>
All of this seemed a bit overwhelming but he couldn't help but want to know more. If they were once in two places, why were they all together now? Though he wouldn't say it, he couldn't imagine that all of them were bad. If there were some that were good in the past, there are some now. He had the same love and faith in other creatures as his mother.
<br>
"So they have magic too?" he barked, his head tilting to the side. Sticks of fire seemed like fire magic. He had heard about it in the past but had not met a wolf with such an affinity.
<br>

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sijor xen Keita - 03-05-2018

She tilted her head to one side as she considered his question. Well, yes, it seemed a lot like magic. <b>"I guess that's what you would call it, the sticks of fire. It seems rather magic like anyhow. So yeah, but it seems like that's the only thing they can do. So, it's weird, you know?"</b> She explained a bit, and then started to walk forwards within the ruins once more, looking up towards some of the tops of the buildings as she did so. <b>"But do you think that they made these ruins with magic? It doesn't smell like it."</b> Sijor stuck out her tongue and sniffed at a corner of a large piece of flat metal that was teetering to one side, attached to one of the dwellings. It didn't seem magical at all, to her, magic had a specific smell.

RE: Explore the Ruins! - Sulo Skye Entinen - 03-11-2018

<br>
As if in a lull or a trance, he followed her. His mind whirred with questions and imaginings about the human things. Why had no one ever told him? Did they not know? He looked to the structure she mentioned, she was right it didn't smell like magic...not any magic he had ever smelled before anyway. If they did have magic, why didn't it smell like it and if they didn't how could they have built these things? His head raised up to look at the height of the structure. One question came to mind he thought would be the best to ask, "However they built it if they built it here, where are they? I have been here and never seen one. Are they as scarce as the creature I saw that day when I was stuck to the tree?"