Species Class Sex
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
N/A View
A Bitter Miracle
<div style="padding:50px;"> <div style="text-align: justify;">
<br />
Ooc;; Tagging @[Shale] :3

Kapsirko's steps made a strange noise against the cracked pavement as he walked. His feet dragged, clearing sweeps of dust in his wake, and every so often he would catch himself suddenly as though expecting something to jump out at him. It was perhaps a good thing that the building within which Holer lived was not a far distance away from the point he'd started in.

He didn't turn to look for his charge until he reached the building's mouth. He was almost tempted to ask whether she was ready, but held his tongue. What a silly question...if she followed him in, she would seal her fate. Still he looked at her, at those stone eyes which he realized likely couldn't see him -- if truly they were not a trick of his own eyes. He paused in the mouth of the building for a few breaths before ducking inside, ragged gait carrying him into the dark entry room. There he stilled again, unmoving but with desperation in his gaze and posture.

"Master," he called out, sinking into a bow. He was trembling already, though the god had yet to show itself. "I have b-brought a wolf for your judgement..."<br/>
</div></div>
Shale PLAYED BY: Adagio 01-03-2014, 02:40 AM
100 / 100
20/1000
Loner
Demon
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
6 Years 30 inches 144 lbs.
Posts Crowns Items
136 87:- View
RE: A Bitter Miracle
<div style="padding:50px;">
SHALE
- - -

Shale followed with softly clack-clacking paws behind the holy di'shei, her head low and her ears back. Each step filled her heart with nervous anticipation. A deep set part of her told her she should just turn and run away, that something was not right, but she had to follow Holer's envoy. Kapsirko had extended promises of the miracle Shale sought, and if she turned back now she would hate herself for her cowardice. Yet such was her fear that as they drew closer to the great stone and iron formation, she began to lose control of her earth element. Her senses slipped, nervous anticipation clattering about in her head and obscuring everything but the smells and sounds of the wolf before her. Shale couldn't have run if she wanted to.

Though she couldn't see it, when they finally entered into the god's inner sanctum she could feel the grand nature. Each rock-clad footfall echoed massively across the structure, leaving the gourom to flinch as the sounds of her own movement were thrown back upon her. She could feel the darkness and the cool, but it was not the comforting black of a tunnel system. It was great and cavernous, devouring you from the inside out. Pummeling you with your insignificance. Against her will the gourom shuddered, drawing in on herself with trembling limbs and a tightly-tucked tail. Should... Should she speak to the great lord who called this massive cavern home? Did she have the right?

Shale thought a plea over and over again in her head, a desperate plea for mercy, promises of lifelong servitude, yet fear sewed her mouth shut. She had been told this god was a healer, a miracle worker, and thought him a gentle thing. Yet now that she was in its home, His home, her mouth would not open. Shale had never met a god before.

</div>
Holer PLAYED BY: NPC 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM
∞
∞
∞
/
God
Species Class Sex
NPC Mage Male
Age Height Weight
Ageless
Posts Crowns Items
28 243:- View
Holer liked this one. It had watched him carefully through its many eyes- the wolf called Kapsirko. Although sickly, he was intelligent, and not as rash as the rest of Holer's Demons seemed to be. Moreover, Kapsirko was respectful. Holer was not ignorant to the way some of the others felt about it, using it as a shield to justify their need to do evil. No, Kapsirko was the real deal. So when he showed up on Holer's doorstep, the God was more than pleased to greet his little demon spawn in person.

A white apparition appeares in the air before the di'shei. It took the shape of a glowing ubeli. The edges of the beast flickered somewhat, casting odd shadows about the dusty walls. On the opaque wolf's mouth was a hideously large, but surprisingly warm, smile.

<b>"My child,"</b> Holer's monotonous voice boomed, his words coming from one thousand different places in the dark, <b>"Who is it you have brought to me?"</b>
Kapsirko PLAYED BY: 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM
/
Species Class Sex
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
N/A View
<br />
Kapsirko's eyes grew wider at the sight of his god, and he was quick to duck further into his bow. Of all the horrors and wonders Kapsirko had seen, Holer was truly the most magnificent. He knew that the wolf he had brought probably could not see the god for herself, but he wished it were possible. Still, even the god's voice held such power as to make Kapsirko's heart race.

"Master, I found this one, called Shale, wan...wandering nearby this p-place. I told her of your...your p-power, your control over this world and all within it." His voice held awe plainly as he spoke. Having seen Holer's miracles for himself, he believed the truth of his description wholeheartedly, and did not hesitate in speaking of them now. "I see something of m-myself in this one. Seeking, d-desperation. She seemed eager, to...to b-be brought here. A willing servant, I would think, should that b-be your wish." He spoke almost as if the wolf in question was not present, focusing all of his attention upon the god before him. He did not feel the slightest bit of shame in doing so, unaware of even the possibility that it could be taken by Shale as rude considering the circumstances. Yet once his words were hanging in the air he did look over toward her, curious to see whether the amazement he felt was reflected in her own posture and expression.<br/>
</div></div>
Shale PLAYED BY: Adagio 01-07-2014, 02:55 AM
100 / 100
20/1000
Loner
Demon
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
SHALE
- - -

Shale had no way to sense Holer's appearance. No way to see the blossoming of light, the flickering shadows it cast, the sickly imitation of a grin marring its face. She only became aware of Holer's presence when its great, booming voice exploded from the darkness, jarring her to her very bones. Against her will a high yelp leaked from her lips, the gourom immediately ducking her head in apology for the ugly sound. The great boom of the creature's deep voice carried so much volume and bass that it made her ribs clatter inside her. It felt as if they were closing in on her lungs, restricting her breathing. Great trembling earth, she thought fearfully to herself. Shale was now in the presence of a god.

Kapsirko's voice soon bloomed at her side, his tone reverent, filled with awe. Mentally the gourom clung to the words, clutching at the soft voice as if it might steady her in the face of Holer's great power. Kapsirko's wavering voice was a lifesaver in thrashing waters. Those saving words were too swift to fade. It was her turn to speak now... It was her turn to address the mighty entity before her and beg of it kindness. For what felt an eternity she shivered in place, choking on the need to speak. When at last Shale did speak, her words came whooshing like desperate gasps, voice wavering as fear pushed it quiet and desperation shoved it loud.

Oh - oh mighty World-Alpha Holer! Think, think! W-would that I had an offering fff-forhyou! All I have to g-give is myself. Shale could not bring herself to speak any more. Her fear of miss-stepping and offending this mighty creature that she had been so stupid as to awaken stopped her from broaching her plea. She had come here because she had wanted something, yet now in Holer's presence Shale felt as if she would be lucky to leave with her life.

</div>
Holer PLAYED BY: NPC 01-07-2014, 03:04 PM
∞
∞
∞
/
God
Species Class Sex
NPC Mage Male
Age Height Weight
Ageless
Posts Crowns Items
<b>"That is the only offering I require,"</b> Holer replied in its deep voice.

Glowing eyes turned on the gourom, narrowing somewhat in suspicion. Those giant beams of light slowly moved to look upon Kapsirko, examining him. Although Holer had had its doubts, Kapsirko had proven himself a useful and intelligent demon. This recruit he brought to his god seemed to be in similar straights. Meek. Weak. It was difficult to imagine that this gourom could ever live up to Holer's expectations, though it had been surprised once before. Perhaps it would be surprised again.

Holer turned its gaze to the gourom.

<b>"To become a demon is to give your life in service to me. I demand that they force others to suffer. I expect them to kill their brethren and all humans, or die trying. They answer to no one but me. And in return, I gift them with knowledge and power. Do you understand?"</b>
Kapsirko PLAYED BY: 01-08-2014, 09:58 PM
/
Species Class Sex
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
N/A View
<br />
Shale's initial silence didn't take Kapsirko by surprise. If anything it was somewhat pleasing in the sense that it was what he'd anticipated, that she would find Holer's presence so awe-inspiring as to be rendered speechless. When after a time she did find her words, he was likewise not disappointed. Although he could never assume what Holer would think about them, he knew that awe could easily become loyalty. That she might be afraid outside of the dreadful reverence that Holer inspired in him, he did not yet consider.

His head snapped back toward Holer's glowing brilliance when the god spoke again. This time he kept his gaze fixed, even though the deity was not addressing him. Each booming word sent tremors anew through him, yet he could not look away. Who would be fool enough to deny the god? The truth? Soon, through the demons' service, more would come here and know Holer's message. They would help to further its wishes, or they would die. Shale would be honored to serve the god, he was sure of it. So sure, in fact, that he needed not to look at her face again as Holer's question hung in the air.<br/>
</div></div>
Shale PLAYED BY: Adagio 01-10-2014, 12:16 AM
100 / 100
20/1000
Loner
Demon
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
SHALE
- - -

Shale flinched back at the boom of Holer's acceptance, only registering that he hadn't immediately dismissed her after a few breaths of cowering. Slowly, she stood from her crouch on the floor, wide-eyed and blinking at an unseen deity. A brief silence stretched around them, the gourom shifting into a stance that was only mildly more confident. Her ears were still back and her tail still tucked, but at the very least her belly no longer trembled against the floor. She was able even, to stifle the urge to flinch when Holer's voice rang out once more.

The startled expression on her face could not be prevented however. Hurt other wolves?! And... Humans? Blinking rapidly, Shale drew in a deep breath and swallowed hard. This was a cult. This wasn't the temple of a healer god, this was a cult. She'd willingly walked into a cult. Another hard swallow and her mind was racing. She couldn't tell them no or they'd kill her. Shale couldn't battle a god, certainly not one with lots of followers.

Yes, I - I understand, the gourom woofed, struggling to steady her voice. Hopefully her surprise fit in well with the fear she had already felt. The last thing Shale needed was for this great god to pick up on her dismay at the idea of killing others. Mostly. What, ah, Gr... Gr-great Deity, is a human? She didn't really care what a human was exactly, but if Holer deigned to speak on the topic it would give the gourom time to figure a way out of this dire situation.

</div>
Holer PLAYED BY: NPC 01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
∞
∞
∞
/
God
Species Class Sex
NPC Mage Male
Age Height Weight
Ageless
Posts Crowns Items
<i>Do you?</i> Holer wondered doubtfully. When it spoke its voice was thunder, but when it thought it was in a series of silent clicks that only it could hear. Many had come before Holer, and by now it had gotten quite good at noticing the differences between reverence, fear, and uncertainty. Sometimes they were all wrapped up into one, but in other cases. . . Holer could think of several of its demons that often bore a look similar to Shale's. Demons that he was not at all fond of.

Perhaps Kapsirko had made a mistake in bringing the gourom to it. Either way, she could do Holer no harm. It would enjoy watching what ensued; either Shale would succeed, or Kapsirko and she would engage in a satisfying battle. In the end one would die, and at the end of the day that was all Holer really wanted.

The machine grew impatient. It had never been a good host and preferred to watch its prey.

<b>"Kapsirko knows,"</b> Holer boomed back. The mirage vanished in the blink of an eye, but the feeling of its presence still remained. For indeed, it was now watching with many eyes from the comfortable distance of its home, like a spider in the depths of its web.

<b>"Now leave, my demons."</b>
Kapsirko PLAYED BY: 01-11-2014, 10:05 PM
/
Species Class Sex
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
N/A View
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 10:35 PM by Sverige.) <div style="padding:50px;"> <div style="text-align: justify;">
<br />
tKapsirko flinched slightly when Holer's image snapped out of view. He could still feel the presence of the god, of course, but he mourned the loss of his deity's image nonetheless. It had been the first thing he'd seen clearly while ill -- relatively so, anyway -- and some part of him clung to it dearly.

Holer had tasked him with answering Shale's questions. Although he had not said as much directly, Kapsirko got the message. Knowing better than to linger, he rose shakily out of his bow and turned to the face of his companion. She looked startled, pained even. The look confused him, and his face scrunched up for a moment before he turned toward the buildings exit with a swish of fur on ground.

"Follow," he husked out as he began walking. "I will t-tell you what you need..." He licked his chops, mouth feeling suddenly dry for some reason. "What you n-need to know." His dragging steps carried him out of the darkness, out into the blinding light of day.

--------

Ooc;; 50 XP (completing a thread) @[Wiley]<br/>
</div></div>
<b>UPDATED! ~ Wiley</b>