Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
Immortal! Cat-sized 9 lbs
Posts Crowns Items
1,454 899,940:- View
Update: Use of Skills in Threads
Hey there! Smile

It might not be well - known, but when you claim certain things such as skill use in your thread, I do go back and read over the entire thread to ensure that this is done properly. This is due to the fact that, as xp is gained via role-playing, that I would like to ensure that role-playing is being done correctly, including correct use of the skill per level of the character.

For skill use, keep in mind that you <i>must</i> specify that you are using a skill when it is claimed to be used.

With <i>physical skills</i>, these are something that needs to be specified as being used, versus a wolf simply performing an action on it's own initiative. Stating only that "She raced swiftly through the forest." is something any wolf may do, with or without a speed skill for example. However, stating that "She used her newfound affinity for speed to move her paws swifter over the grass than ever before, flashing by even the doe that bounded through the trees." is more in line with using a skill in a post.

With <i>elemental skills</i>, you need to be using this skill in a manner that specifies that you are aware you are making this happen. It will not be counted if you are doing something without full knowledge of it. Stating "Flames flared up in a semi-circle in the grass around him, without him knowing it happened as he got angry." is not a good way to describe using the fire skill. However, "As he got angry, he began to manifest a flame barrier about himself in preparation for a fight." is more what is meant.

With the <i>healing skill</i>, simply identifying plants is not enough, although doing so may be a great way to train another healer, it is not using the healing skill as specified. Use of the healing skill requires specifically stating that you are using these plants to treat a wound or ease a wolf's suffering (or cause suffering with a poison skill) in some manner.

The reason that this is necessary is for good role-playing. I want you to use your skills in your threads, go on and show them off! However keep in mind that since this is a role-playing site and that xp that you are claiming is for role-playing, that a small effort should be made in doing so. Smile

Hopefully this all makes sense, if it does not, or you have questions about a specific skill, please feel free to private message me and I will try and explain further! ^^
Want a Thread? Click Here! Multiple options! Private Message the Calico Account or Reply Therein! Smile