Calico Cat of Awesomeness! ^^
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
Immortal! Cat-sized 9 lbs
Posts Crowns Items
1,454 899,940:- View
Slight NewPoints (Crowns) Update
I had thought that NewPoints was set to reward posting "per word" but it is actually "per character". Something I only just realized. I don't know if it used to be per word and it changed with an update when we moved to this version of the board, or I just can't read (likely the latter xD) but gaining crowns per post were always meant to reward people for actually writing "something", not just a single sentence. Sort of like how using a silly word I went and found somewhere rewards you for just putting a cool word in a post. Smile

So, in light of that, while I was checking some other things with the system, I upped the minimum to 600 characters per post that will reward crowns for that post.  That is just around 150 words if one is using small words (like three letter words, I tested it with repeating the word "cat" over and over) and likely less if you're using longer words. 

The "per character" is set to 0.01 point per character. So for 600 characters you are getting 6 points.  "Characters" seems to count spaces, as well as punctuation. So really seems a pretty safe and easy bet. ^^

Keep in mind that this is always how the system was meant to be - crowns per post is a "boon".  After all, you still get crowns for merely visiting the site (0.005 per visit) as well as viewing a page (0.005 for each view) as well as 0.25 points for the thread starter for every reply that is made to that thread, and 0.25 points for a new post in general. Not to mention 5 points just for starting a new thread and 100 points for any referrals + 100 points to each and every new account that is made. 

I think this sounds fair, but, I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone thought they were going to be adversely affected by this notion. My intention is NOT to adversely affect anyone, but more to encourage a reward for writing! ^^ Let me know as a response to this thread if you like, I'm open to discussion. Smile
Want a Thread? Click Here! Multiple options! Private Message the Calico Account or Reply Therein! Smile 
Senjen PLAYED BY: Senjen 04-25-2016, 02:29 AM
100/100
495/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Lerk Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Five years 51 338
Posts Crowns Items
47 1,001:- View
RE: Slight NewPoints (Crowns) Update
It all makes sense and sounds good to me. Besides, it's all about the writing for me, not the crowns. Smile