Squire
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
1 year 60.5 400
Posts Crowns Items
290 364:- View
Exploring Around!
It was still the chill of winter, and snow blanketed all of the areas of the land, not just her own home. Which meant, of course, that Skadi could actually go and visit some of the other areas of the lands without feeling like she had to sustain her magic to keep herself from being too hot! So, she took the opportunity again to go out and see some more of the world after returning from her fun training session with the really nice water wolf lerkrat from Orior, and headed to the west this time. She had known there were other areas to see and as her paws walked her into the crunchy grasses of the vast grassland that was now before her, she smiled happily. This was nice, and she could see forever without any trees or such really in sight! 

Standing atop on a small rise, she sniffed the chill air happily, her tail wagging. Looking around, she wondered if any wolves lived in this area, noting that it seemed rather <u>bereft</u> of anything else save the crinkly brown grasses that were covered in snow. She wondered what this place looked like without all of the snow weighing everything down? As she sat there, a wind suddenly blew, kicking up some snow and causing her to half close her eyes. Well, it seemed even the winds down here were stronger, which was interesting as well!
Banner image lined and colored in by Scarlet Ink
Avatar done with WolfMaker, Unleashed by Wyndbain 
Loner Bartok PLAYED BY: Jarnvidr 11-23-2017, 03:52 AM
100/100
110/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
3 years 24 inches 120 lbs
Posts Crowns Items
10 129:- View
RE: Exploring Around!
Bartok padded across the snow quickly. He was barely comfortable above-ground during the rest of the year. With blankets of white coating the landscape, the ground was out of reach. His urge to dig was stymied at every turn. His curiosity had always been his weakness. He continued on, trying to stay warm. He would need to find something clear when it came time to sleep.

He spotted the other wolf, her eyes shut, and he couldn't resist the opportunity. He tried to sneak towards her. He hoped she wouldn't see him until he was close enough to earn her attention, but this could go another way and he would still be happy. It was nice meeting another wolf, even if the weather was biting.
Skadi PLAYED BY: :) 11-23-2017, 06:43 PM
200/200
365/500
The Aegis
Squire
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
1 year 60.5 400
Posts Crowns Items
Skadi was full on interested in seeing what would happen if she stayed around here for a small while. She didn't think that her pack would mind, after all, it seemed wolves came and went from there with some regularity. However, a crunching sound as dried grasses suddenly protested, caught her ear and she turned to see another wolf! A pleased grin broke her muzzle and she nodded to him with a happy bark. <b>"Hello there! I'm Skadi, how are you?"</b> Was her greeting, given without any fear of this newcomer. After all, she was even larger than she was, she well knew that, but also, she really didn't like to assume conflict with any other wolf without knowing them first. After all, so far, she'd only really met nice wolves!
Loner Bartok PLAYED BY: Jarnvidr 11-25-2017, 05:21 PM
100/100
110/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
Hmph. Now he couldn't surprise her. Still, she seemed friendly.

"Hello, Skadi! Where did you come from? I am Bartok."

He loved to meet new wolves. They always had something exciting to say or do. She was bigger than he was by a lot, but that wasn't going to stop him. He waited eagerly for her response.
Skadi PLAYED BY: :) 11-26-2017, 07:35 PM
200/200
365/500
The Aegis
Squire
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
1 year 60.5 400
Posts Crowns Items
Since she was clearly a lot larger than he was, she sat and then laid down on her stomach, hoping that it would be easier to converse this way. Also, she didn't want him to think her rude for barking down at him, that sounded not nice, and not at all what she wanted. What she wanted was to make new friends, not scare others off! <b>"I live up in the Ice Forest. It's super cold up there all year round! Where are you from?"</b> She inquired politely with a smile and a tail wag, hoping that he was from somewhere really cool. She hadn't really met that many wolves and she figured most wolves were from vastly different areas than she was.
Loner Bartok PLAYED BY: Jarnvidr 12-02-2017, 06:20 PM
100/100
110/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
Bartok tried to stand as tall as possible. He really was much smaller than this stranger, and it was lucky she didn't want a fight.

"I came from further south, but I'm new to the surface."

He pawed at the ground nervously, but it was too cold to make any headway.
Skadi PLAYED BY: :) 12-04-2017, 11:22 PM
200/200
365/500
The Aegis
Squire
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
1 year 60.5 400
Posts Crowns Items
She tilted her head curiously at him, not understanding what he meant. Were there wolves that lived underground? <b>"What do you mean, to the surface? Do you come from under the ground? I didn't think that wolves lived there, I mean, not really, even though my home has tunnels under the ground, we don't really "live" there on a regular basis you know?"</b> She barked rapidly, her eyes gleaming at the thought of discovering something new like this. If this was the fun reward for going outside of her packlands, she would take it! Looking at him with sheer curiosity in her eyes, she hoped he'd elaborate. <b>"What do you even eat if you live under the ground, and how do you see? Do you have magic?"</b> Skadi continued a bit before stopping, realizing that she hadn't really given him enough time to answer what she'd asked prior!
Loner Bartok PLAYED BY: Jarnvidr 12-06-2017, 12:03 AM
100/100
110/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
"We live underground, we're good at digging! Not all the time, sometimes we come up here. There are some of us who live up here all the time, but I never met any of those."

He pawed at the ground excitedly, as if he was planning on digging a tunnel right then and there. This was further than he'd gone before, but it was already paying off. The surface wasn't so bad.

"I can see underground because I have big eyes," he pointed out. Indeed, his eyes were rather large compared to most wolves.

"We eat mostly underground things. There are lots of animals that like to dig."
Skadi PLAYED BY: :) 12-07-2017, 10:53 PM
200/200
365/500
The Aegis
Squire
Species Class Sex
Hybrid Rogue Female
Age Height Weight
1 year 60.5 400
Posts Crowns Items
Her eyes got wider when he mentioned that he lived underground and were good at digging. <b>"So your um, family just lives underground or is it more than that like your whole pack?"</b> She barked in incredulous curiosity, not really understanding what he meant by using the phrase <i>we</i>. To her, that meant surely his family or even just his pack which was fine and dandy but she wondered why then he mentioned not meeting others. That was curious. She watched as he pawed at the ground and grinned happily, her long fluffy tail wagging. Then she peered at his eyes, getting her face closer for just a moment before pulling away. <b>"Oh. I didn't notice your eyes until you said something. That's cool! And well, so you only eat animals that live underground, like um, moles?"</b>
Loner Bartok PLAYED BY: Jarnvidr 12-09-2017, 04:19 PM
100/100
110/500
Loner
Species Class Sex
Gourom Warrior Male
Age Height Weight
Posts Crowns Items
"My whole pack lives underground! We never come to the surface like this. That's why I left. I want to see more things."
His tail was wagging now, too. She seemed like she wasn't going to hurt him, so he could relax.
"It's cold underground, but not cold like this. There are so many new things up here. Like racing! I can't run very fast but maybe when I practice more. Do you have magic? I don't think anyone I know has magic."
He eyes her, as if sizing her up for running speed.